Learn How to Get Great Sleep Every Night
First things first: There is no silver bullet for sleeping better – it’s a process. That’s why this site is here, to guide you through a process to get the best sleep possible. Our sleep is ruled by habits and subtle environmental cues and everyone knows habits are hard to change. For example, you’ve undoubtedly read that you should only associate your bed with sleep and sex. Sounds good, but that association doesn’t happen just because you read an article about sleeping better on a website. You need a process that will be with you to help you make the deep changes.
Creating your own Better Sleep Project means getting rid of the behaviors that are keeping you awake, adding in new techniques to make it easier to get to sleep, and building your own set of habits that I call your personal Sleep Ritual. This is the set of actions you take each night that tell your body it’s time for bed. A strong Sleep Ritual sends your brain powerful signals that will make sleep unavoidable.
Get the Quick Start Guide to Sleep Better Tonight
Here’s how to start your own Better Sleep Project
Take care of the basics
- Decide to do what it takes to get better sleep. Sleep has to be a priority.
- Start a Sleep Diary
- Get the Quick Start Guide to help knock out the easy stuff
- Create your sleep sanctuary: Set up your environment to make it easier to go to sleep: Lower Light levels, Lower the Temperature, Block blue light, add some indoor plants…
Add Some New Techniques
Build Your Sleep Ritual
- Pay more attention to your sleep. Know what’s working and what’s not: Download the Sleep Cycle App and start a Sleep Diary. The simple act of tracking your sleep makes it easier to get better sleep – I promise!
- If something’s not working, forget it – try something else
- If it is working, keep experimenting and see if you can sleep better
- Take a snapshot of what you’re doing on the nights you sleep well – this is the start of your sleep ritual
- Make your sleep ritual a real ritual. Do it every night and carry it with you when you travel. Sweet dreams!